Monday, February 17, 2014

If you were ever curious how hot or cold some thing is like me this is the tool for the job. All you do is point and pull the trigger you will have your answer in no time. Works good has a lazer pointer, a lighted display, and measures in celsius and fahrenheit. uses a 9 volt battary below trigger in handle and is fairly accurate depending on how close the gun is to the area or thing that you may be pointing at at that time. Usefull tool for diagnosing or just for screwing around.




This "BAFX Products" IR Temperature gun is another great product brought to you by BAFX! This unit measures surface temperature of any object from -58 to +1022F! Test your freezer surface to your oven surface! Use it to find where your home is leaking your precious heating and cooling dollars! ---------- It has a accuracy of approximately 5 degrees F depending on the object being tested ---------- 500 mSec response time -------- Distance to spot size 12:1 ---------- Typical battery life of 12 - 22 hours depending on how it is used --------------- This non contact infrared thermometer runs on ONE 9V battery (INCLUDED) -------------- 100% satisfaction guaranteed as with ALL BAFX Products! Contact us if you have any problems!



The evening it came, I gave it a try. The temperature is way off.. on both ends of the scale.
Using a digital cooking thermometer, I measured hot and cold water running at the tap, the
BAFX was at least 10 degrees low on the low side and 20 degrees off on the high side. THen
I measured some copper heating pipes. I have two loops that have input and outflow themometers .. input was about 160 degrees on both supplies. The BAFX indicatred 110! Then I measured the supply to the (zone) hot water heater. The BAFX reported 82 degrees, yet, I could not hold my hand on the pipe.. it must have been much higher than 82!! Returned to Amazon the next day.




PART 2: BAFX Customer support emailed me. If I was interested, he would arrange
to ship me a new unit. If I liked it, I could keep it and pay for it, if not he would include
a return pre-paid label. I was impressed with his support, so I agreed. I've had it about 2 weeks
now. It works just as described and correlated very closely with the other (kitchen/room)
thermometers around the house. Though the first one failed, with good customer support
and the second one working, I would recommend this to anyone interested in one.




Got this thermometer yesterday afternoon and was able to put the battery in all by myself (oh yeah, I am that handy, lol), and it worked. Haven't really used it to test anything yet but I like it. I even read the directions on how to use it and how not to use it. I also like the yellow color because it is easy to spot in my kitchen drawer. I am planning on using it for testing my oven temperature and now after reading the directions, I will test skillets and maybe even foreheads for fevers. Also, the numbers are large enough that you can actually read them. Yeaa.

Don't keep looking any longer, this is the one to get without worrying if you got a good one, and got a good price. I use this much more than I thought I ever would. I keep it in the drawer my the stove just so I can keep track of everything as it heats up. You will like this.

The first one I received was HORRIBLY inaccurate. Off by about 50 degrees, and yes, I was using the correct mode. The "sensor" appeared well off center in the housing and the laser was way out of alignment. Maybe it was dropped somewhere before it got to me.

The replacement was tip top. When compared to another known calibrated unit, the replacement was pretty much spot on. The laser was also adequately aligned. No complaints. For the $$, a very good IR thermometer.


Click now : BAFX Products (TM) - Non Contact - Infrared (IR) Thermometer (-58F - +1,022F) - W/ Pointer Sight - BATTERY INCLUDED!

1 comment:

  1. Get this Non-Contact #infraredthermometer that delivers quick, easy, and accurate readings. Just point and shoot this Smart Sensor device for temperature readings.
    2 in 1 Professional Infrared Thermometer

    ReplyDelete